Thursday, April 15, 2010

Something Big is waiting for you!!!

Before I start off expressing my views on the title, I wanted to ask everyone this question. Does the title mean just some words of encouragement for a person who has meet only failures in the past or words of truth. I also wanted to know if the following equation is correct,

Series of Failures ---> Big Victory

Does a series of failures mean that you ‘deserve’ to get something big?? On a funnier note, after losing out past 2 IPL’s (being table ‘bottomers’) did KKR make a impression in the third one? Did they get something big? (KKR fans still hope that KKR will win IPL-4!! Silly guys..:P)

Anyways coming back to the topic, I choose this topic because I had heard this title almost 11 times from each one of them.(Yeah.. Correct..I got placed in my 11th interview). After giving it a serious thought, I thought of just posting my own views on this issue. I personally that, ‘Something Big is waiting for you!!!’ are partially both (true and mere encouragement).. Because thought they sound like mere words of encouragement (they are, in fact) they are partly true. After coming across a series of failures, you get tougher day by day and also your dreams start diminishing and finally the day when you actually ‘win’ arrives, you feel that you have a achieved a dream of your lifetime however small your victory may seem. Yes. I felt the same way when I got into CTS after attending a series of Interviews (failures!! Well, both are same in my case..). I felt very happy cuz finally some company hired me and has given me a job (Atlas!!). CTS gave me what others refused to give me. By the time I attended CTS, I had settled for a ‘OK’ company with a decent salary which was perfectly filled by CTS.

Yeah. That victory was very big to me. I got something big. I got a JOB!!! I started off my ‘placement-search’ journey believing the title to be a lame statement, ended up in believing the same as some words of pure gold. I also really don’t agree with the part , where we start blaming FATE for you-not-getting the job. If you get a tough panel, “FATE”. If you don’t know the answer to the question asked, “FATE”. Even if your WHITE shirt gets a little dirty, “Hello, FATE!!”. Come on. Give the “Fate” a little break guys. (To be honest , I was ALSO a believer of fate.. not anymore). I started realising my mistakes I did and understand the process of interviewing. After that I started to show my dear old enemy, Mr.Fate a tough fight before losing out.Our Placement taught me something more important in life rather than C, C++,blah blah… It taught me patience, perseverance and more importantly how to fight fate!!

Bye guys. I gotta go. Something big is waiting for me..Yeah.. Company Cab!!!

P.S: After a series of my personal blah’s, I thought of writing something serious. Hence this one..!!

7 comments:

  1. dai enna achuda unakku. Edavathu lovela mattikittiya. Thideernu epdi eluthara

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ vivek : Very Nice but a different one from yo buddy :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just realised after a long time why i got rejected and why i got selected. My mistake it was. Attended with fear to get selected somehow and got rejected. Attended with care free attitude and got selected. Confidence was missing earlier.

    Was very vetti in office and i am going through blogs that i can think of....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really True...Someday i think each of us realized it. We could have done it lot better that day if we had known it. But then, we only learn after a series of failures and we develop that attitude :)

    ReplyDelete